If you encounter a blue screen error (also known as a stop error), it can indicate that there is a problem causing your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You may see a blue screen with a message stating that your device encountered a problem and needs to restart. The most common error codes are as follows:
- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: SSD, RAM, or software-related error
- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: SSD or software-related error
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Often RAM-related error
- VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED: GPU or CPU-related error
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: SSD, RAM, or software-related error
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: SSD or software-related error
- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: CPU, RAM, or software-related error
- MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: RAM-related error
Step-by-Step Troubleshooting Guide:
- Try restarting your device and see if the blue screen error occurs again.
- If you see the same error repeatedly, write down the error code and message displayed on the blue screen.
- Check if any hardware components such as the RAM or SSD are loose or not properly connected. Make sure they are properly seated and secured.
- Run a virus scan to check for any malicious software on your device that may be causing the error.
- Update your device drivers to ensure they are up to date and not causing any conflicts.
- Re-install Windows to see if there is a software issue
- If you have tried all of the above steps and are still experiencing the blue screen error, contact Sharkgaming support team for further assistance.
Note: The cause of blue screen errors is not always the same, and this guide is simply intended to help you identify where the error may be in your system. If you experience repeated BSODs, contact technical support for assistance.